Sat, April 23 2005 3:10 PM
Setting up WebTV for TCOnline
If you have made it to this page, you are one of the remaining few that haven't sold their WebTVs on Ebay.
Yes, thats right, good old WebTV is still around. If you use it or plan on using it you are in luck
since it is very easy to set up.
Configuring WebTV for TCOnline
- Start up your WebTV unit and wait a minute for the main page(WebTV Home Page) to show up.
- Once you are on the WebTV Home Page, click on 'Setup' on the left hand side.
- Now, on the Setup Menu, click on 'Dialing'
- On the Dialing Options Page, select 'Use your ISP'. If you do not have the "Use your ISP" option, please
contact Customer Care at 1-800-GO-WEBTV to activate OpenISP.
- Now, on the Using your own ISP screen, read through the paragraph and then click 'Continue'.
- Read through Is using your own ISP right for you? and then click 'Continue'
- Continue reading: Should you use WebTV to connect instead? and then click 'Continue'
- Now, we are finally getting somewhere. Click the check box at the top and fill in the following information:
Once you have completed typing in the information above click on 'Done'
Now, it should be prompting you that you have to reconnect for the changes to take place.
Once WebTV connects, it might have a dialog box pop up, if so, click Use Your ISP.
Congratulations, WebTV should now be configured to connect with TCOnline
- Service Provider Name: Type TCOnline in this box.
- Login Name: This will be on your invoice, and this is the first part of your email before the @wtxs.net
- Password: Enter your password in this box.
- Modem Dial-In Number: Refer to this page and type in the correct access number for your location
- Backup Dial-In Number: You can leave this box blank.